Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Another Week Flew By

And so another week has flown by here in northern Minnesota.  Is that we’re of an age where time does indeed seem to move faster, is it our work schedule with Thursday being our “Monday” and Monday our “Friday,” or is it that Life is flowing along at a fairly smooth and pleasant pace?

Perhaps a combination, or all, of the above!

With Thursday being the start of our work week, everyone else’s weekend is almost upon us.  Sunday is my housecleaning day, with the start of that after Dave goes to work.  By evening, I’m “done and dusted,” literally, and settle down at my desk for a few hours’ work.  When everyone else in the working world is bemoaning the fact that it’s Monday, we’re doing our happy dance that it’s our “Friday” and our weekend is about to commence.  Yay us!

Whatever it is, I’ll take it. 

Remember the celebration of the new Cancer Center in my previous post?  There was a giveaway drawing one could enter, which I did.  Didn’t give it a second thought.  Heck, I never win anything.  Of course, I typically don’t enter contests and don’t play the lottery.  Yesterday morning I received a phone call telling me I had won!  Well, alrighty!  Swung by the Sanford Health offices while out running errands and came away with this puppy:

Rolling cooler 07242017

Rolling cooler with retractable handle

Pretty spiffy, eh?  We currently don’t have a small cooler, so this is great when we decide to pack a lunch for a day outing.  It may also come in handy for grocery shopping if I need to make several stops.  Cheers to Sanford Health!

Here’s some synchronicity for you.  The building I thought I should go to for the prize pickup was the “wrong” one.  I ended up in the Center for Optimum Health, School of Integrative Medicine; again, this is at the end of the street where I walk, across from the hospital.  Turns out the proprietress, Jeanne is – among other things – a Reiki person!  We had a lovely visit and agreed my ending up there was certainly no “accident.” All sorts of groovy happenings take place there … Tai Chi, yoga, Reiki, massage of various kinds, and Reflexology are among the offerings.

With rain in the forecast and having done grocery shopping yesterday morning, this is a stay-at-home day for yours truly.  Accomplished this just a while ago …

Living room with drums 07252017

Drums are finally up and into the Light again!

First time my drums have been hung since 2010, as it just wasn’t practical to do so while living in the RV.  During that time, they were snug and protected in their respective bags and cases.  They have been with me since 2002/2003, have taken part in countless drum circles over the years, and have served as teaching aides in my Reiki classes.  It does my heart and soul good to see them on a daily basis once again.  Makes our cottage feel even more like home.  Yep, there’s my Bear, the artwork created after I explained what I would like to see on the drum, and my relationship with Bear.  Dear Bear.  Guardian, Protector, Giver of Strength, and Provider of Comfort and Peace.

I hear you saying, “Bear? Really?”  Yeah, Bear.  Turns out I didn’t consciously realize Bear’s role/presence in my life until about 2002.  He’d always been there, I just had not realized it … or Bear hadn’t chosen to reveal his constant presence until then.

Bear Dad

Standing 2”, this fella has been with me throughout my life since the day my Dad got him for me on a trip to Yellowstone.  That’s 50+ years at this point.

Once again, as with many things spiritual, this is an influence of my Dad.  More of how Bear has been a presence in my life over the years, but the wee Bear above has been with me since that day in Yellowstone when I was a kid.  He went to college with me and has survived all the moves to different homes and my life in general since that day long ago.  Okay, he’s missing his right ear now, but still stands strong.  Posed for the photo above, his normal habitat is on the shelf of my desk.

Dave is back from his bike ride around Lake Bemidji and other parts, and the laundry is just about done, so before long it will be time for dinner and whatever else we get into this evening.

Ciao for now!

Thanks for stopping by!  Stay safe out there, okay?










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment!