Sunday, April 10, 2016

DIY Project Done and Dusted

Quite some time ago, I removed the godawful headboard that came with our RV.  Paisley fabric . . . funky-looking and just a dust collector. 

 

Sans headboard 04102016

Not having time, energy, creativity or tools, I had not come up with a replacement, and the bare wall was starting to really annoy me.  Not to mention protecting both heads and wall when sleeping.

Thus began a search over the Internet for ideas on something to put in that space that would look better yet still be practical.

I found headboard tiles!  After reading bunches of reviews and tips on installation, I purchased a set.  They are 12” x 12” and can be arranged to suit one’s needs and whims.  I read that Command Strips worked well for adhering them to walls.  The adhesive that comes with them apparently does not work well and leaves a gluey residue.  All our framed photos are hung with Command Strips, so Dave picked up a few packs for me a few weeks ago.

The box of tiles has been sitting in the living room for almost a month.  With work and Life, I just haven’t had time or energy to tackle this project.

I played hooky from work this afternoon and got busy.  Armed with spirit level, measuring tape and pencil, I determined where the tiles would go. 

Discovered that those two lamps are not quite level with each other.  They aren’t off by much, but just enough to make ya go, “Hmmmm . . .”

Headboard 04102016

The tiles really are level and aligned.  It’s either the light from the window or, more than likely, me off kilter a bit.  I’m tired!

Yes, a standard layout.  I tried different configurations, but the lamps were in the way.  Ah well, it’s better than it was and finishes off the room.  I’d like to update the lampshades next (and the ones in the living room, which are exactly the same), but that’s a project for another time.  I’m not crazy about the duvet pattern, but the duvet itself works well for us.  Again, that will be another update sometime.

So, finally, that DIY project is done and dusted.  I’m thinking I might as well clip Maggie this evening.  She needs it (again) and I’ve already blown off most of the day.  Spending time with her is fun, she feels better with a clip and I’ll have these two major time-intensive projects done.  Then I can jump back into work tomorrow full-tilt.

Hope you’ve had a fun, productive and rewarding Sunday!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. I like thE headboard tiles, easier than shipping a large padded headboard, and perfect for an RV.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment!