We talked about whether to leave here today versus sheltering in place through this rain event, and decided to stay here at Barnyard RV Park. This morning I went to the office pretty much first thing and was able to extend our stay through Sunday night. We are hoping to be able to continue westward Monday. We’ll just have to see what road conditions are along I-20 West after this weather system passes through. I spent a bit of time this afternoon rearranging our reservations onward.
In light of the possibility of seeing 15 inches of rain now through Sunday night, I prepared a few “go” bags and put a couple in the truck already. We did unhitch the truck in case the park floods. I think the rig stands high enough to be okay, but we might have to move the truck. I also went out and topped off the truck’s fuel tank.
It’s funny, but we both have felt like the inside of our home feels “cleaner” or . . . well, just better since leaving the work site. I know I enjoyed preparing our dinner this evening without having to constantly be on the lookout for ants.
We’re enjoying having cable TV here. The Shining is just starting on AMC; I think that’s a dandy selection for a dark and stormy night outside, eh?
As it stands right now, we’re tucked in and hunkered down here, nice and cozy for the time being. I would not be at all offended if this system did not turn out to be as severe as it is advertised.
Ya’ll be safe out there, okay?
Thanks for stopping by!