Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas!

 

I hope you have had a wonderful Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.  We certainly have!

Yesterday was again busy, as the usual crew was here working.  Our electrician also came by and fixed the power issue, so we now have heat in the office trailer again and no incoming voltage issues with our RV.  Yay!  I have been moving some of my stuff back over from our rig this evening in preparation for being back in the office.  I’ve been working from the RV  for about a week, and our dining table is a bit crowded with my laptop and other work items, chess board and Christmas tree/decorations. 

We had a lovely Christmas Eve of chess accompanied by Christmas tunes, laughter (both quiet and not-so-quiet), comfortable companionship and a late evening snowfall of about 1”.  Perfect!

Upon getting out and about this morning, we noticed tracks in the snow around our RV and the company truck . . .

Kitty tracks from Christmas Eve

Looks like the feral cat was strolling around our RV last night.

Deer tracks from Christmas Eve

I’m thinking these are deer tracks, as we did see three of them last night in the distance past that building on the right.  The eerie/cool  thing is the tracks come from the distance  right up to the company truck and  then . . . disappear.  There are no back-tracks or tracks going forward.  I asked Dave if he checked the cargo area of the Suburban just in case a deer was napping?  Perhaps magical reindeer were getting a running start prior to takeoff last night?

Today has been cold with relatively clear skies and the snow is almost gone again.  We had our opening of presents this morning,  breakfast and then, seeing as the roads were clear, Dave went for a bike ride while I prepared our meal.

I watched White Christmas while working away in the kitchen.  Watching that movie is a tradition with me.  Somehow it just doesn’t seem like Christmas without it.  Dave timed it just right; the movie had just ended and the stuffing and broccoli/rice casserole had  just gone into the oven when he returned.

Christmas dinner

Christmas dinner – I’m grateful for the food, to be able to cook a nice dinner and to be able to eat whatever I want.

Dinner was a success and I had a good time preparing it.  We made a wise choice in the rear kitchen layout of our fifth wheel.  I have lots of counter space, room to work and can  access the oven quite easily. 

We watched It’s a Wonderful Life earlier this evening; this time a tradition of Dave’s and I love it, too.  The plan was to play chess this evening, but we agreed we’re both a bit too mentally laid back tired to do so and really enjoy it.

We received a couple of Christmas cards and I’ve had some warm visits via phone along with some holiday emails.  Have been having fun seeing my Facebook community post their holiday photos and updates.  Of course, I’ve also so enjoyed reading the blogs on my list to see what ya’ll are up to wherever you are!

I’m thinking we’ll have a relatively early night.  One crew that has been on-site will not be back until after the New Year, so that means we can set our alarm clocks for 7 AM instead of 6:30 AM!  Whoohoo! 

Well, Merry Christmas to you all.  Hope you are safe and snug and have had a wonderful Christmas!

Thanks for stopping by!

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for your comment today. It was good to hear from you. Somehow I'd lost your blog and when you commented and I found it, it had a new name. I like it. White Christmas, It's a Wonderful Life and the original A Christmas Carol are our traditional viewing but this year we shook it up and did The Grinch, The Muppets and It's a Wonderful Life. I admit it, I liked both of the first two but missed Bing and the B/W Christmas Carol. How many movies can I watch during the holiday season? Plenty I guess if I just start earlier. So glad to see that all is well with you. Don't be a stranger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheesh, how did my comment get sent without my asking if it's possible to get the recipes for that fabulous looking Christmas dinner??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment!