Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Sixteen Days? Really?

 

Oh man, that has to be a record of not blogging for me. 

We’re still very much in Winter here.  Right now it’s 30F outside with a Real Feel of 12F.  We’ve had gusts in the 30 MPH range today.  That’s cold, folks, even with brilliant sunshine.  I am so ready to dig in the dirt, crank up my walking routine, prep flower beds, mow, etc.  You could look outside today and think, “Oh, what a lovely day.”  Then you open the door, it is almost blown off its hinges and you fight to stay upright on the steps.  Sheesh.  The good news is the snow is gone with the exception of along the sides of the parking lot where it was piled when being plowed.

My online virtual assistant job was keeping me very busy the past couple of weeks, too, finishing up a stage of the project.  They have to do some things on their end and then I’ll be busy again with it, I’m guessing later this week.

I’ve had some spare time again the past couple of days and finally got around to making a photo DVD for my uncle in Minnesota.  He’s not on the Internet these days but sure can still operate a DVD player.   It’s a year-in-review collection of highlights from our life on the road, and I think he gets a kick out of it.  Meant to get this done before now, but have been a tad busy shoveling snow . . .

My annual CT scan is next Tuesday, with an appointment to see my surgeon the week after that for results and annual check.  I’m doing well, but have experienced some of the “What if’s” now and then the past couple of weeks.  No worries, really, and what will be, will be.  A bit of the heebie-jeebies is only natural with annual checks; it comes with the territory.  I recognize it for what it is and go with the flow.

As the LiveStrong saying goes, cancer may leave your body but it never leaves your life.  Putting aside the focus on self, one may find oneself doing volunteer work for cancer organizations, becoming an advocate with an organization, becoming involved with groups in which one gives support to those undergoing treatment or simply having long-term friendships with other survivors. 

Of course, I suppose that’s not true for everyone.  Some folks go through their cancer experience and leave it all behind.  Or so they say.  Guess it depends on what their treatment involved and what their prognosis was.  There can actually be quite a bit of difference between even Stage I and Stage II, depending on the nature of the disease. 

You know, I’m glad I didn’t leave it all behind.  Through my volunteer work over the years, I met so many beautiful, strong, spiritual, funny, smart people, and I’m grateful for their presence in my life even to this day.  True, some have moved on from this Earth and, yes, it hurt to lose them.  I wouldn’t have missed knowing them for anything, not even the sorrow experienced at their passing.

We also have an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon for Dave along in that time to have his thumb issue evaluated.  Preliminary thoughts from our GP is that it is a “trigger thumb,” and this could require surgery.  We’ll know more in a couple of weeks.

We were waiting until April 1 for these appointments, as that is when our new insurance kicks in.  We’re looking forward to getting these medical issues taken care of and moving on into Spring and Summer.

Our geese are back and last week was the first groundhog sighting of 2014, so warmer weather is on its way!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Oh yea, those groundhogs sure do know how to multiply and love the warmer weather.

    Wishing you well with your annual checkup.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment!