Thursday, January 1, 2015

Stroke of Midnight

January 1
Stroke of Midnight
Where were you last night when 2013 turned into 2014? 
Is that where you’d wanted to be?

WordPress Ebook:  365 Days of Writing Prompts

The above prompt is from last year, but I am going with it anyway.  I really would like to get back into the habit of daily blogging/writing and may utilize this and similar tools now and then. 

Daily blogging?  (insert maniacal laughter here)  Oh heck, who am I kidding?  Between two jobs, husband, dog and everything else that comes along with daily life, it will be a freakin’ miracle if I can set aside time for entertaining my Muse once a week.  Ah well, one can hope, eh?

Perhaps I can be a bit more disciplined about taking time for myself this year.  Do I hear a New Year’s resolution in there somewhere?

I think not.

To answer the questions above as they relate to 2014 turning into 2015 . . . um . . . well, yes and no.  Or is it no and yes?

When the clock struck midnight and 2015 came rolling in, I was (and still am) in South Carolina.   Did I want to be in South Carolina this New Year’s Eve? 

Honestly? 

I see you are nodding, “Yes, honestly.”

From a geographic standpoint, no, this is not where I want to be.  I would rather be in a pleasant campground in some small town on the Texas Gulf Coast.  I would rather be in Brenham, Texas, where I would be able to spend time with friends.  I would rather be in New Jersey still working the assignment we had prior to this one.  I would rather be in a small, cozy cottage on the Scottish seashore or in Glencoe.  I would rather be in Edinburgh for Hogmanay (New Year’s Eve). 

No worries, though.  I am not miserable and one sometimes chooses to go where the work is versus being unemployed.  It is all about choices, but that is a topic for another post, eh? 

It simply a writing prompt and I’m running with it. 

Moving along . . .

If we are talking about where I am in my life, I have to answer in the affirmative. 

I am living the full-time RV life and am employed in a line of work I dig.  I am cancer-free as far as I know and am feeling pretty darn good these days.  My body is in a happier place awakening naturally instead of being jolted awake by an alarm clock; the absence of waking at a certain time is one of the perks of working night shift.  (I’ll get back to you on other night-shift pros if when I think of them.)  I share my life with an amazing (and amazingly patient) man from a land far, far away and with a sweet dog.   We keep food on the table and the bills are paid each month.  It is a simplistic way of life by today’s standards and a comfortable one.

I confess that at times I really miss teaching Reiki.  Will I ever have a rockin’ teaching practice going again?  My crystal ball is on the fritz, so I don’t have an answer to that.  Whether or not I am teaching, the path of a Reiki Master/Teacher is part of who I am and will be with me always.  I’m good with that.

The only aspect of my life in need of more attention is my spirituality -  whether it be meditation, Tai Chi, “a-ha” experiences as in years past, writing, reading, etc.  I have set an intention in that regard (if you sense a post about intent in the future, you’re catching on!) and this January 1 post is part of that intention. 

I invite you to visit with me here as I walk, stumble and skip through 2015 in this journey we call Life.

What is life?  It is the flash of a firefly in the night.  It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime.  It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset.”

- Crowfoot,  Blackfoot warrior and orator, 1826-1890

January 1 - 365 Days of Walking the Red Road

 

IMG_4438

I am a Warrior.

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! I, too, would like to write more. I have a few drafts of blog posts that I am working on. I look forward to reading your future blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very thoughtful post. You do have a lot to of wonderful things in your life and have done a good job recognizing them. Being cancer free is nothing short of fantastic. Spirituality is the thing I need more of in my life this year too. I hope your intentions and posts may help me find my way as well. thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment!