Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Travel Day 15 - And Yet More Done

First off, my apologies to Randy for accidentally deleting your comments.  I hit the “Delete” button instead of the “Publish.”  Oops!  I do thank you for visiting and taking the time to comment.  The truck inspection was no big deal and, you guessed it, we are really enjoying ourselves at this park. Good luck with your Class B inspection!

We are making the most of our time and the (so far) lovely weather here in Texarkana at Shady Pines RV Park.  More little things were accomplished inside and out with regards to our rig. 

One of those was changing out a regular 110 bulb in a drop light over our kitchen counter for an LED bulb.  We picked up one of these at the Camping World in Anniston, AL and I just now got around to changing it out.   Dave did a couple of things outside and then went for a nice bike ride, clocking another 40 miles here in Texas.  Today I:

  • Cooked chicken, rice and chili con queso
  • Had my meal of the day of the above!
  • Vacuumed
  • Took out trash
  • Walked Maggie a few times
  • Washed the dishes from the first item
  • Changed out said light bulb
  • Set up our KOA campground Facebook page (there is still a lot more to be done); feel free to visit it and give it a “Like” and thank you for doing so!
  • Established a WordPress site for our KOA (again, it’s just out there and that’s it for now)
  • Started the morning with a load of laundry
  • Spent time this afternoon working my virtual assistant job
  • Put the plants back in their box inside the truck in preparation for Friday’s move

Dave saw his first real shooting star last night!  Yay!  I missed it, but he said it was really awesome – large with a long tail.  I’m so glad he has experienced that at last.  We were treated to Northern Lights while living in Minnesota, but he had never seen a honest-to-goodness shooting star.

Yes, we’re back under the big skies of Texas. 

In the row across from us, there is a horse trailer that has been converted (or perhaps it came that way) to an RV.  I can’t tell from looking at it if it is entirely living space or if there is still a section in the back for horses.  It actually looks like all of it is living area.  Saw the gentleman getting out of his truck and going in this afternoon, dressed in his cowboy hat, jeans and boots. 

What I have always loved about small Texas towns is that when you see someone dressed like that, it’s not for show.  It’s the real deal.

Right now Dave is watching some TV and I’m listening to Enya on earbuds while I compose this.

I’m keeping an eye on the weather overnight, as a front is expected to blow through here; the same one that has dropped tornadoes on Oklahoma today.  The NOAA says we have a 70% chance of severe thunderstorms after 1 AM; looking at the radar at this point, it looks like we  might be just on the southern tip of this system.

I might toss some things in our bug-out bag . . . just in case. 

Tomorrow is looking like it will clear up after 1 PM; that’s a good thing, as we’ll be starting preparations to make our move Friday over to the KOA.  We’ll  also go to Albertson’s and restock a few essentials.

While tomorrow is  our last day here and we’ll be getting into travel mode, I still intend to milk every moment out of this precious down time, this trip from South Carolina we have also considered a vacation.  It will be a while before we see this much time off again.

That being said, I am looking forward to starting our new job, and have begun to organize my thoughts in that direction.

Well, not too much . .  . there’s still another day here!

Yay us!

“While living I want to live well. I know I have to die sometime,but even if the heavens were to fall on me,  I want to do what is right. I think I am a good man . . . There is one God looking down on us all.  We are all children of he one God.  God is listening to me.  The sun,the darkness, the winds, are all listening to what we now say.”

- Goyathlay (Geronimo), Apache medicine man and war chief, to General George Crook during a peace conference,  March 25, 1886

365 Days of Walking the Red Road

Thanks for stopping by!

IMG_4438

I am a Warrior

The above bracelet is a Toby and Max design

 

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment!