Saturday, April 5, 2014

Freefalling Saturday

 

Having basically a free day . . . laundry done, etc., I wasn’t sure exactly what I was going to do today when I got up.  Okay, get to the market for groceries, but there’s no time constraints, right?  There’s nothing happening here, right?

Right.

Dave was down at the other mill putting up new No Trespassing signs, as the old ones were ratty and faded and today was opening day for trout season.  He was gone a bit and then called, reporting . . .

Truck Stuck 04052014

No harm, no foul, just got a bit muddy

Oops . . he pulled off to check on/put up a sign at one of the gates and the ground under the company truck gave way a bit, leaving him deeply stuck!  Part of the asphalt actually gave way, too; winters and snow are tough on the roads and ground around here.  I gathered some orange cones and went down to get him.  Called our handy electrician, who helps out with stuff around here; he would come around 2 PM or so to extract the truck.

So . . . I figured I had just under a couple of hours to run my errands.  I was not only looking for groceries but perhaps an indoor electric grill and a big pillow for my office chair.  The chair is one of those older huge executive desk chairs and is really too big for me.  A pillow will help support my back so I can sit more properly.  Well, the grills in stock at Wallyworld really didn’t appeal to me and would you believe they did not have a suitable pillow?  Sheesh.

Back home, groceries put away, our electrician picks up Dave and before ya know it, Dave is driving the truck back onto the property.  Really didn’t take long to extract it; it just needed a wee bit of help. 

In the meantime, we had decided to go to Zeek’s Place for a burger.  It was a fave little roadside cafĂ© of ours a couple of years ago, but last year when we went the food wasn’t up to their usual standards.  Decided to check them out again, as it had been over a year since we’d been there. 

Of course, in the meantime, two of the folks who are allowed to fish on the property showed up wanting to toss lines in for a while. 

Okay . . . that’s fine; it just seems like the one weekend we actually want to go do something, it gets crazy around here.  Comes with the job, though, so no biggie.

The guys fished for a couple of hours and then we went to Zeek’s.  I’m pleased to report things are good again!  Yay!  Such a decadent meal . . . bacon cheeseburger, some fries and a soft ice cream cone (small, chocolate).  Dave had homemade chicken noodle soup, plain burger, some of the fries and a vanilla cone.

Such a piglet!  I haven’t eaten that much at one sitting in a while!  Was fun and yummy.  It’s a bit of a drive in the countryside, so it was a nice outing.  We rarely dine out, so it was even more special.

I also got an email earlier giving me a heads up there will be a meeting here Monday morning early of folks from the office, so tomorrow will be spent vacuuming and getting the office ready for that gathering.  Need to wash the company truck, too, after today’s adventure in the mud.  Ha! 

So it looks like my Sunday is planned out for me.

That’s okay, really, as the weather really was lousy today.  Spring?  Ha! Not really around here.  It was extremely windy and cold today, although there was sunshine this afternoon.  We’ll dip below freezing tonight.  Tomorrow is supposed to be a bit warmer and not as windy.

Had my CT scan this past week, too.  It was with contrast, which is always interesting.  That dye flowing through my veins gives the mother of all hot flashes.  Wowwhee!  The scan itself doesn’t take long and, again, the folks at the hospital are great.  I continue to have nothing but positive experiences.  Not that interacting with a hospital is a positive thing, but the folks there are professional, kind and caring.  That makes a big difference.  I’ll see my surgeon this coming week for the results.

Hope you’re having a great weekend!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. For a day without much to do, seems you did a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment!