Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Knew I was Saving the Bird Cage for Something . . .

 

Started this post last Thursday, the 15th, and am just now getting around to posting it. 

Last year when “RP” the wayward racing pigeon was visiting, I purchased a bird cage with the intention of persuading RP to enter and be returned to her owner.  She would enter, alright, but I never could get the door shut before she’d dart out again.  You never know when you might need a bird cage, so I’ve kept it.  Much to Dave’s amusement and state of being perplexed.  Ha!

Well, it came in handy starting Sunday!

IMG_5561

Instead of keeping birds in, the cage is keeping them out

The swallows decided the exhaust pipes of our truck made a fine nesting spot!  Yikes!  I could hardly believe they were darting in and out and, at one point, tried to put nesting material inside.  Yikes!  I had to do something fast!  The bird cage fits right up against the pipes and prevents the swallows from entering.  Yay!  I put a Post-It note on the steering wheel to remind me to move the cage before leaving.

We leave for Cape May and the beach house on Sunday!  All the major errands are complete, including fueling up the truck.  Maggie is back to her usual perky self, even having her teeth cleaned on Tuesday.  So far the weather looks decent for next week with highs in the mid 60s and mostly to partly sunny skies.  I’ll take that, thanks!

I told Dave last night that my plan for the beach is to walk (on the road by the house and the beach), sleep and eat.  Yep.  That’s the plan.  Walk.  Sleep.  Eat.

May has been a very busy and somewhat stressful month with this and that, so a week at the beach is just what we need.  Seems like we haven’t had any real “fun” yet this year dealing with snow through March into April a bit and then lousy weather (rain and chilly/cold) until now.   It’s pouring down buckets right now.  I think we’re due some R&R.  We’ll make the most of it, because this is the only holiday we have planned this year.

I finally made it over to Pocono RV Wednesday to pick up our parts order.  Mark was helping me with the order and is a really nice guy.  In fact, everyone I spoke with there was quite pleasant and helpful.  They have a lot of beautiful rigs on their lot and seemed to be doing a brisk business of service and sales.  I did sneak a peek at a 2014 Montana and found quite a few features I liked.  Well, okay, I actually sorta coveted the larger shower.  All in all, though, I came away without a case of new rig lust. 

That’s a good thing, right?

Thanks for stopping by!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment!