Monday, October 14, 2013

Beautiful Start to the Week

 

Today’s weather is absolutely wonderful, so we’ve been enjoying it while it lasts.  Right now it’s 66F and sunny out.  Who could ask for a nicer Autumn day, eh?

Work was kind of busy this morning, but I found time to take off the inside control panel in the rig where switches are located for the slides and lights, both indoor and out.  I got the wires disconnected but had to enlist Dave’s help in actually getting the switch assembly out; my fingers just weren’t strong enough to disengage the switch, dang it.  Seems the rocker switch for our 12-volt living room lights has been acting up in the same manner as the bathroom one did a while back.  We replaced the bathroom switch and it’s been fine ever since, so I’ll be doing the same with the LR switch.  The plan is that I’ll head down the road about 20 miles to an RV place I haven’t been yet and pick up a couple of switches in both black and white/bone/whatever that color is.

Yay!  I get to go to an RV dealer tomorrow!  Whoohoo!  Not that we’re in the market for a new rig or any flashy accessories, but it’s always fun to browse, eh? 

Need to get the truck in for an oil change, hopefully this week, so I’ll call the dealership and see about making an appointment. 

The light switch and oil change are really the only two “big” items on my list of things to get done before the weather turns nasty with Winter.  Oh, I’m sure there will be other stuff that needs to be done, but right now those are the two major things I want to take care of before the weather gets dodgy.  It won’t be long before that happens.  We’ve been very fortunate to have had a quiet hurricane season, but it’s not over yet.  Winter follows shortly after that.

IMG_5403

Lovely mums from Dave for my birthday

Aren’t those nice?  I have a pot outdoors that I’ll be transplanting these to tomorrow, if not later today.  I dare not plant them outside, as we are forecast for our first below-freezing overnight temps next week.  I’m hopeful I can keep them going until next Spring, at which time I’ll find a spot for them outdoors. 

Well, that’s it for today.  I’m still trying to get back in the groove of blogging after being away from it for a while.

 

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment!