Saturday, June 28, 2014

Back in the World

 

Power was restored to the office this afternoon and we’re back online.  I was able to update iOS, set up my new phone and then backup and sync it.  Took a bit of doing and even some more tech stuff.  iTunes did not automatically detect my phone, so I had to research that issue and fix it after finding a solution.  That entailed finding the device on my laptop, uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it.

Sheesh.  My brain is fried. 

Unfortunately, not all the data in some apps transferred over to the new phone, so I have some inputting to do.  I’ve also got a nice stack of documents that need to be input to a program on my laptop and some scanning to catch up.  There’s the laundry to get done tomorrow, but I’m grateful that the power is back on and we have the washer and dryer here.  So nice not to have to go to a laundromat!

But, hey, everything is back online and I even got some housecleaning done this morning, too!

Although the temperature today wasn’t all that drastic, up in the mid 80s, the humidity was really incredible.  It slacked off a bit in the later afternoon, but for most of the day it was pretty miserable outside.  I pretty much stayed indoors.  I think we’re in for more of the same tomorrow.

Short and sweet tonight.  Tickled to have our office back and that we have an office!

Thanks for stopping by!

 

1 comment:

  1. Wish I could say the same about the washer and dryer. I noticed another bout of brown water this morning that probably won't get fixed until Monday. Sunday is my wash day, but I don't want that ironclad water going through my machine. :( My power went out briefly early this morning too. With the big storm that rolled through, it just wasn't a stellar day here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment!